Thursday 21 November 2013

Smash

“Sing to me and I will forgive you, for taking my heart in the suitcase you packed”

Well, Smash definitely locked my heart up and sent it away! In the last month or so I have been OBSESSED with Smash, after a friend from dancing recommended it to me!
Smash is a TV series with 2 seasons filled with love, heartache, dreams and everything Broadway! A lot of people compare it to Glee, however it has a much deeper storyline with more developed characters.

Season one is about the making of a show based on the life of the legendary Marilyn Monroe, called Bombshell. You see the struggles that go into the making of a Broadway show. The two leading ladies, Katharine McPhee (Karen) and Megan Hilty (Ivy), of Smash are equally beautiful and talented. There is a battle between Karen and Ivy for the role of Marilyn. The best and most famous song from Smash has to be ‘Let Me Be Your Star’. Other stars include Christian Borle, Debra Messing, Anjelica Huston, Jack Davenport and many others.)
Megan Hilty and Katharine McPhee

 Season two introduces Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan- Bonnie & Clyde, Newsies), a normal city boy who dreams of getting onto Broadway. Jimmy and his writing partner Kyle (Andy Mientus) are in the process of writing their own musical, Hit List. As Bombshell makes its debut on Broadway, Karen is faced with a difficult decision; to go with her head or her heart? Season two includes darker material with a fresher sound.

Jeremy Jordan
The music in Smash is truly amazing and it is all I have been listening to in the last few weeks. Season two is definitely my favourite and Jeremy Jordan could well be one of the reasons for this! There are beautiful songs like ‘Heart Shaped Wreckage’ and ‘Broadway Here I Come’. Then there are the heart-breaking songs like ‘The Love I Meant to Say’ and ‘The Goodbye Song’.

Jeremy Jordan and Katharine McPhee
I highly recommend Smash to any Broadway/theatre/glee lovers as I can guarantee that you will love it!


I am still in shock that it got cancelled after the 2nd season because I cannot see why, all the reviews are glowing. I am missing it so much that I am re-watching it and trying to get my sister as hooked as I am!

Let me know your opinions on Smash!

- Lois xo

No comments:

Post a Comment